fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

Kia Sedona: trying to find out how to repair P0741 code.I

Customer Question

trying to find out how to repair P0741 code.
I got in the car tonight with wife. i told her the car sounded funny, at idle i hear a noise. Then on our way home from the movie - driving about 65-70 the check engine light came on. I drove home about 15 miles, car drove fine i think, just the noise when car is idling.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you give me a description of what the noise sounds like? How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went out this morning to hear the noise and now i do not hear it. Last night after i got home i popped the hood to see if i could hear it better. it was coming from the left side of the engine, where the belt is.
I let the car run for 5 minutes and i couldnt hear it this morning.
The car has just shy of 113,000 miles.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. That may make it harder to diagnose. It is very possible that you have an alternator that is failing or even a loose belt. If this is occurring then the voltage in the system can be low due to low alternator output. This will cause the vehicle to have running issues and set codes similar to this. Is it driving fine now also? If it is then you may start by checking the tightness of the belt and making sure that the battery cables are clean and tight.