Amedee
Amedee, Kia Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Kia Sedona EX: 2005 Sedona, Parking Brake light and Alternator

Customer Question

2005 Sedona,
Parking Brake light and Alternator light came on, drained the battery. Timing belt, etc replaced 3000 miles ago
Category: Kia
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! Did you still need help? Can I start by getting your VIN?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN#
kndup132656731696
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the VIN! You are going to need to start by checking the battery and alternator. Either one could be bad. With the engine running, check to see if the battery voltage is at approximately 14 volts or so. If not, check the inputs to the alternator. If they are good, then chances are you have a bad alternator provided the serpentine belt is not broke and the alternator is turning. Also, be sure to get the battery load tested as we need to be sure it checks out good as well.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
If these things check out good, just let me know and we can continue testing as needed. If my answer has helped, please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service".Customer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Amadee,
I don't have an issue with your answer, more or less common sense.
We do have an issue with other things: the site said that there would be a $5 deposit, with $24 charged IF I agreed or liked the answer. The charge is for $38?
Another issue is the timeliness: the clock counter said that "Super Dave" ,whoever he might be, would answer in 18 seconds, it took 2 hours to get a request for the VIN #
While I respect your answer, this whole deal is not worth 38 bucks
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay. I am sorry that you having issues on the site. I am just contracted out by just answer to answer questions. The other expert that you requested may have not of been online at the time you posted your question. As far as the total transaction goes I don't know how much it is again I don't do the billing for the site.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
But I did send over an answer as I am trying to help you. I do hope you appreciate my honesty as I'm only trying to help you resolve your issue.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.
Customer
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer