Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2005 Kia sorenta shuts off while driving, I'm fing that this

Customer Question

2005 Kia sorenta shuts off while driving, I'm fing that this is a known issue?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The most common cause and known issue with the engine shutting off while driving on your Sorento is in most cases caused by a failing crankshaft position sensor. In order to verify if this is the cases you are going to need a scan tool that can read the data stream and watch the CKP signal, if you see it drop out when the engine stalls then its very likely the cause of the problem you are having and if that is the cases replacement is needed.