Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I HAVE 106,000 MILES ON MY KIA SPORTAGE. IN 2 AND 3 GEAR IT

Customer Question

I HAVE 106,000 MILES ON MY KIA SPORTAGE. IN 2 AND 3 GEAR IT WILL HESITATE. SOME TIMES SLOWING DOWN IT WILL SHIFT UP HARD. I HAD KIA WORK ON IT UNDER WARRANTY WHICH HELP AT THAT TIME. THAT WAS BEFORE 50,000 MILES. NOW IT IS BACK. I HAVE CHANGED TRANY OIL. cHOULD YOU TELL ME IF THERE IS SOME THING I COULD DO. I WORK AT A JOHN DEERE DEALER AS A TECHNICIAN. THANKYOU
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If this feels like a transmission fault here this may be an issue with the transmission valve body itself.I have seen debris build up in the transmission cause this type of fault here and had to perform a transmission flush to correct this issue.I would start with a flush to free up and remove debris then if that does not correct the fault the transmission valve body will most likely need tested to see if it needs replaced.
Thanks Pete