EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Kia Sorento LX: son purchased 08 Sorento suv and the power

son purchased 08 Sorento suv and the power mirrors do not work (no adjustments when working switch) is this something for DIY, if so, where to start... was not able to id a fuse for this unless it is coupled with another fuse function. Any suggestions?

Eric :

Hi. The fuse for the power mirrors is in the interior fuse box and is labeled O/S MIRROR. It is a 10amp fuse.

Eric :

If this fuse is ok, then the door panel should be taken off and verify that the mirror switch is plugged in.

Customer:

fuse ok, pulled panel and is connected....next

Eric :

With the key ON you need to verify you are getting battery voltage to the Green/Orange wire at the switch.

Customer:

no indication of power at switch but appears ok at fuse

Eric :

The wire will need to be traced back to fuse panel and inspected for a break. Most common would be a break in the door to body harness, where the wires flex all the time.

Customer:

Thanks , I tried a quick check of wiring but don't have time to continue at this time , will proceed later.

Eric :

Ok. your welcome. Let me know what you find or if you need more info. THanks.