George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech

Kia Rio: I just replaced the 2 O2 Sensors on my 2005 Kia Rio

I just replaced the 2 O2 Sensors on my 2005 Kia Rio and when I scan my car, I get Oxygen Sensor Heater not responding. What can I do to troubleshoot this issue

Hello I will help you with your question,

What is the code you are getting and did you have to splice the wires to connect the sensors or was there a connector on the new sensor?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not getting any codes. I O2 Sensors had the OE connectors. I am up for emissions testing and I am not getting a response when I scan my car. The Oxygen Sensor Heater is not responding and the Evaporative System is not responding.

OK, you have not completed the monitors for the sensors and evap system.

How much have you driven since the battery was disconnected? 55 miles?

How many times have you started it?

You will need three trips of at least 10 miles in changing speeds with at least 5 minutes of steady cruise at about 45 mph for the monitors to run for the sensors.

For the evap system the O2 sensors need to clear first then the evap monitor will run once the engine is started cold and run for another three starts of 10 miles each.

The monitors only run and complete if no other problems are detected, if some other problem is detected then the testing will stop and you will be left with incomplete monitors.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you