K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Kia Optima EX: 2006.5 Kia Optima; 96K miles; timing belt broke

2006.5 Kia Optima; 96K miles; timing belt broke with some damage to piston heads. Should I repair the head gasket etc or cut my loss and run?

If the car itself is in pretty decent shape I would put in a low mileage used motor. It'll be cheaper then going in and doing pistons, head etc. Plus usually you can get a warranty on the used motors. There's some on this website for around 2 grand. Alternatively If you just decide to patch it and resell I'd check www.rockauto for replacement parts.
I figure an 06 with under 100k could probably be sold for 3500-4500 so in my opinion I it would be worth fixing.