Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kia Rondo EX: How do I access the cabin air sensor on 2008

How do I access the cabin air sensor on 2008 Rondo??
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Are you looking for the Cabin Air "Filter"? If not, can you better describe the sensor you are looking for?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, NOT the cabin air filter. Just to the right of the steering column in the light grey area of the dash are four horizontal slits. They are about 1 inch below the line where the dark grey and the light grey part of the dash meet. I'm told there is a "cabin air sensor" behind those slits and that is the probable cause that the compressor clutch only engages intermittently. And that it can only be accessed by removing a major portion of the dash/and/or pad. even to check for proper readings.

Ahhh. Ok. I'm sorry. I misunderstood. My apologies. Let me opt-out and forward you to another Tech that may better assist you. Sorry for any inconvenience, but the extra info will definitely help the next Tech! Sit tight one second... someone will be right with you...

Ok, the dash, or what Kia calls the crash pad, does indeed have to come off to replace the cabin air temperature sensor.

give me just a few minutes to upload the directions to remove the dash and replace the sensor

Ok, below in pdf file format are directions to remove the dash

CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS TO REMOVE DASH

once out, here are directions to replace the sensor

graphic
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.