Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Kia Diagnostics/Repair

i have a 2007 kia amanti that when turning on a/c or heater

i have a 2007 kia amanti that when turning on a/c or heater only the passenger responds the drivers side only blows fresh outside air
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

From what you are describing here, it sounds like this may be a case of a faulty Mode Actuator Motor for the driver's side. This actuator is what turns the door inside the HVAC housing to either heat or a/c according to the control panel setting. The actuator is located just above and to the left of the accelerator pedal. Carefully inspect the electrical connector for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Remove the actuator and make sure the door moves freely. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty actuator.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not see the same thing as what you have in the picture. I am not sure where to go from here to reach the appropriate component.

To gain access, you'll need to remove the console side cover: