K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Kia Soul: I have, what I call a ker-pluck in the right front

I have, what I call a ker-pluck in the right front wheel when going over small bumps. I think it's when the wheel drops. I found the web site below, that seems to have the answer, but all I have is Red Xes on the pictures. Can you shed any light on this fix.

http://www.forteforums.com/forums/do-yourself-articles/326-diy-strut-noise-fix.html

Mr. Lynn xxxxxx
xxxxxxx

Hello, the noise you are hearing is the bump stop on the strut falling and then hitting when the strut bottoms out. What you'll need to do is slide the dust cover up, use some break cleaner to clean the strut rod, apply some high temp RTV or urethane the push the bump stop back up and allow it to dry in place. I'll pot a diagram below for you. Make sure to jack vehicle up by body so strut is fully extended.