George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

Kia Rondo EX: 2008 Kia Rondo fuel filler opener on door not

2008 Kia Rondo fuel filler opener on door not working, also cannot get the emergency
fuel filler lid release to work.....where do I find the fuse for the fuel filler door opener
I looked in the luggage area where the jack is stowed and do not see any fuse

Hello I will help you with your question,

Wedge a credit card or other plastic in the door opening crack and operate the release. Often the latch gets loose or the door gets bent so the latch sticks.

If you are not hearing the release operate at all check the tail gate fuse. If the tail gate works then the fuse is good.

Let me know how I can help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is tail gate fuse located. Did not work with wedging plastic card in the door openeing crack

The T.GATE fuse is in the instrument panel fuse block to the left of the steering column, the legend is on the cover of the box. The fuse is almost dead center of the fuses.

If the tail gate opens then the fuse is good.

The manual release pulls directly on the latch so if that does not open it the latch is failed and the cover will need to be pried open.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you....had to pry it open...still have not been told
where the fuse is found for the fuel filler lid release on the door......everything else very pleased with your

information.

The fuse is the one labeled T.GATE in the instrument panel fuse block. Remove the cover of the fuse block and look at the legend on the inside cover. The T.GATE fuse is almost in the center of the fuses. The fuse box is located on the left end of the dash board, open the drivers door and take the panel off the end of the dash.

There is no need to do this if the tail gate operates, it is the same fuse so if the tail gate operates then the fuse is good.

I am glad you got it open, please let me know how I can help you

Thank you