K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Kia Sorento EX: Just had an early 15,000 mi maintenance on

Just had an early 15,000 mi maintenance on my 2012 Sorento. When I first start up in AM sound horrible, much like a weed wacker especially when moving steering wheel/ wheels to left and right. Like a tinny, whooshing sound. It then leaves upon driving about 10 minutes, and ok the remainder of the day. Come next day it returns. Had it into dealer, but of course the noise wasn't there. I recorded a video for when I bring it in again this week. Any idea what is the cause? It was fine until the maintenance.
Hello, could you upload the video to you tube and post the link here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The video would not upload. Sent it via email to you.
Sent 2 emails, the 2nd and more recent contained video clip.
Let me know if you received and could open. Thanks

I'll let you know as soon as customer service fwds it to me. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Was able to publish.
Great glad you got it to upload. The noise is coming from the power steering pump. The fact that it does it only when cold indicates that a valve is sticking in either the pump or rack. It may be coincidence that this began right after the service as there is no work to be performed to the power steering during the 15k service other than check fluid level.

More than likely they will replace the power steering pump. This should be done at no cost to you since it is under warranty. It is ok to drive the vehicle for a short time in this condition. I would avoid long out of town trips.