mr. b. rector
mr. b. rector, kia master tech
Experience:  KIA master tech obtained in 2008. Fix it right the first time always.

Kia Sorento EX: Hi. On my 2006 Kia Sorento EX, the brake lights

Hi. On my 2006 Kia Sorento EX, the brake lights will not change intensity when the headlamps are on. They work fine when they are off. What could be the issue. Changing the white bulb on the does not work.
Hello, do you know if your vehicle has the brake switch recall? the lights and the brake switch are tied in together. You can call 1-800-333-4542, this is kia corporate consumer affairs. you will need the 17 digit vin # XXXXX you will go thru a few phone prompts, and either speak to a live person or it will prompt you to leave message. they will get back to you. I would start with this route, if the brake switch recall has been done, let me know and we will go another route. thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Evidently it is not a part of the recall. Any other suggestions? Do you think it is the brake switch?

ok, well the brake switch can affect the circuit, but If you would please, check the bulbs one more time, the bulbs are combination bulbs, they act as running lights until brake is pushed then the other side of bulb illuminates, check the bulbs one more time and get back with me, thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we ended up taking it in to the dealership. it was not the break switch - but a broken circuit somewhere.. thanks for your help though.