mr. b. rector
mr. b. rector, kia master tech
Experience:  KIA master tech obtained in 2008. Fix it right the first time always.
52912490

2005 Kia Sportage auto transmission slips out gear in stop

2005 Kia Sportage auto transmission slips out gear in stop and go traffic if left in drive shifting into Neutral and back into drive until it catches
hello, it sounds like a range switch issue, the transmission has a shift cable that runs directly to trans , but it has a range switch or inhibitor switch, that electronically tells the trans control module to supply pressure via the valve body. that is the only logical explanation for this, unless you have a intermittent blockage at the pressure supply solenoid which is in the valve body. I see you said the trans had been checked out, my question is did it have any fault codes? was there a range switch functionality test performed? get back with me and we will get this fixed, thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for that information the Kia is going in for repairs on Monday Aug 19th and i'll pass this on thanks again