K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

2011 Kia Soul Sport, brake sensor switch faulty, car cannot

2011 Kia Soul Sport, brake sensor switch faulty, car cannot be started. Intermittent failures switch replaced twice. What next?
KIA announced a recall on these switches in June and stated the new revised switches would not be available until late July/early August. My guess is they are installing the old failure prone switch. The also need to replace the pigtail connector to the switch as it has been a known issue that it will corrode and cause intermittent function of the switch.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way that I can check to see what has been done and that it will not reoccur?

Yes, I was able to pull the recall and it has the new part number listed. Click here for that info The new part number is 93810 4DR0AQQK it should be written somewhere on the switch. It will also have a gray connector. To determine if the harness has been replaced you should see where it was cut, soldered and heat shrink tubing (short black plastic piece) was placed over the wires.