Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. 25 yrs experience

Kia Sportage: im replacing the radiator in my 2001 kia sportage,

im replacing the radiator in my 2001 kia sportage, the old one started coming apart at the seam on the plastic cap thats on the aluminum body.

im looking at the new one and its a 1 core. why is it so thin and why did they put a 1 core in there? is there a 3 core model of some kind i can shove in there?
Hello and thank you for trusting me with your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Kia problem.

The newer design radiators with the wider tubes are very efficient, even with one row of tubes. There should be no problem using this radiator. If you are using an aftermarket part, the only way you will likely find a heartier design is to go with a factory replacement part. Your other alternative is to have a radiator repair shop replace the radiator end tanks on your existing radiator.