Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.

Kia sedona: I have a 2003 kia sedona 3.5L v6. I am hearing

Customer Question

I have a 2003 kia sedona 3.5L v6. I am hearing a noise, heavy noise from the area below and between engine and gear stick and pedals. There is no vibration at my feet while on pedals but as I drive a loud noise emerges from the area in question.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today!
Does the car have to be rolling for the noise to occur?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, only when driving. Noise sounds like when something is empty

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I suspect the issue is going to be a bearing. It may be a bearing inside the transmission, but possibly a wheel bearing. If you are not hearing the noise when the car is standing still, then that would eliminate the exhaust as the problem.
You can try a test, drive it and weave back and forth in the lane. If the sound changes pitch, then it's a wheel bearing. If not, then the transmission should be checked for a bad output bearing.
Hope this helps!
Please be sure to let me know if you need further assistance. If not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you used the free trial, a rating is still required,you card will not be charged. Thank You!