Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained

Kia Spectra: Kia spectra made a griinding noise in park and

Customer Question

Kia spectra made a grinding noise in park and neutral....when i just put it in park it started smoking and a smell, very electrical in nature happened. I tried to restart and will not start. Lights and dashboard are  going in and out but engine will not turn over! HELP PLEASE!

Category: Kia
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Tim, this sounds like a bad parking pawl in the trans, when its in park, does the vehicle still roll?