Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I HAVE A 2007 KIA OPTIMA I JUST GOT TWO BRAND NEW WHEEL BEARING PUT ON THE FRONT END. NOW

I HAVE A 2007 KIA OPTIMA I JUST GOT TWO BRAND NEW WHEEL BEARING PUT ON THE FRONT END. NOW I HAVE NO BRAKES. NEVER HAD A BRAKE PROBLEM BEFORE THE WHEEL BEARINGS.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,

sorry you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

when you say no brakes do you mean that the pedal is going all the way to the floor, that you have to pump up the brake pedal, or the pedal is normal but just taking much longer to stop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

petal going all the way to the floor and don't see any visible brake fluid leaks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, although the brake hoses dont have to be disconnected, the calipers are removed to replace the hub bearings and there are a couple of things they could have done wrong.

One is to twist or loop the brake hoses when reinstalling the calipers which prevents the fluid from reaching the calipers and causing the pedal to go to floor.

The second is to have the pads cocked at an angle which causes pedal to go to the floor

the third is that the needlessly disconnected the hoses from the calipers and they either reinstalled the calipers on the wrong side which puts the bleeder screw at the bottom and causes air to be trapped in caliper, or they didnt bleed all the air out after reinstalling the calipers and brake hoses to the calipers.

If you are going to check your self, first look behind the tires and see if hoses have loops or twists in them, look for bleeder screw on the calipers being at the bottom of the caliper instead to the top as they should be.

After that, the pads are checked for being cocked at an angle and finally if everything else is ok, system should be rebled to remove trapped air
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so theres nothing i did wrong on my part?

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

No, this is going to be one of the reasons I gave you that the shop that replaced bearings did and they are responsible for fixing it
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.