mr. b. rector
mr. b. rector, kia master tech
Experience:  KIA master tech obtained in 2008. Fix it right the first time always.

Kia Rio: Hi there, Ive been having an issue when my 2007 Kia

Customer Question

Hi there, I've been having an issue when my 2007 Kia Rio. The check engine light is on but it is pretty much running fine. I've been told that it is the Purge Control Solenoid Valve. I can not figure out where it is located or where I can get a new one. Any suggestions?
Category: Kia
Expert:  mr. b. rector replied 3 years ago.

mr. b. rector :

Hello, the purge solenoid valve is located just behind the throttle body. What code is the ecm setting?

JACUSTOMER-3wajdwlm- :

I'm not quite sure what the code is. I took it to a mechanic and he couldn't figure it out. He did a smoke test and all kinds of other stuff but told me that the code was saying low pressure, but I forgot where he said it was to.

JACUSTOMER-3wajdwlm- :

do you happen to know where I can find a picture of the valve to see where its located?