George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

KIA Optima LX: Hello, George:I hope this message finds

This message is for George H. Kia expert.

Hello, George: I hope this message finds you in good health. I would like to know what the normal operating temperature is for the 2004 Kia Optima 2.4 manual transmission. Where exactly should the temperature gauge needle be in the instrument panel? Also, if I needed to flush the cooling system, where are the engine plugs that I need to unplug when flushing the cooling system? E. Jim.

Hello again,

Usually the needle will sit just below the center of the gauge to run at 190-210

No plugs are removed to change the coolant, flushing is not normally needed due to the aluminum construction of the system.

I advise a shop to do coolant changes as they can replace about 90% of the fluid.

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for the fast response. In that case, the Kia is just doing great. The temperature gauge is where it is supposed to be and by the way... the timing belt job so far is working excellent. Thank you, George.

E. Jim.

Sounds like everything is on track so please let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks