Kiatech
Kiatech, Kia Master Technician
Experience:  30+ years experience,ASE certified,KIA certified Master Technician,Ford factory trained
32162675

Kia Sorento: XXXXX XXXXX Sorento. HAve noticed the ignition key

Customer Question

2013 Kia Sorento. HAve noticed the ignition key gets "hot" after driving for any distance. Is this a bad problem and could it be dangerous? I have 2700+ miles on the car and its due for an oil change soon. Will I have a problem with the Dealer about this problem? Do they know anything about this?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, im sorry you dont have any information that will tell me what is causing the problem . I called Green Auto in Springfield, Il. where I purchased the Kia and they (she) said they have never heard of this problem. I Googled the problem and have seen several other people have this problem. Not necessarily only with a Kia. My concern is the safety issue. Or possible damaged to the vehicle. After reading problems people have with Dealers on Kia Automobiles, im a little skeptical as to what they are going to tell me.

Being a female and not knowing much about automobiles. Im (not) surprised that it cost me $18 for nothing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Chris didnt seem to know what the problem is. He's an expert???? It seems im not the only Kia owner that has (is) having this problem. Not necessarily with the Kia Sorento. Its scary when you purchase a new vehicle and have problems. The Dealer I called said they have never heard of this problem. Well,there is a problem.