fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Kia Sedona LX: I have a 2003 kia sedona LX with 85000 miles

Customer Question

I have a 2003 kia sedona LX with 85000 miles on it. It's been running great until recently when I was giving my friend a ride to his house. We had turned on the AC, however after a few mins driving the car started smelling gasoline so I stopped using the AC. We stopped somewhere to pick up something and when we got back to the parking lot it didn't start. After waiting for several mins and numerous attempts to restart it finally got running. However, I experienced the same problem when I went to pick something from school and it wouldn't start. This time I had to get it towed. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 3 years ago.

fix it man : Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Can you tell me if the check engine light was on?
JACUSTOMER-i2xcmbsf- :

There's no check engine light, all the components seem to be working fine

JACUSTOMER-i2xcmbsf- :

What's up man, I have been waiting an entire day for your answer but nothing.

fix it man : Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was not online. If you have these type of running problems associated with a fuel smell it can be caused by several problems. This vehicle does have a problem with the charcoal canister in the evap system becoming saturated. This will cause a rich condition. If that is fine then the injectors need to be checked for leaks and the coolant temperature sensor needs to be checked for the proper reading. Is this something that you plan on fixing yourself?