Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.

Kia sorento: XXXXX XXXXX is leaking oil and I was told that the

my car is leaking oil and I was told that the valve gasket needs to be replace. Is there a part also called valve cover set?

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The valve cover gasket is the gasket for each valve cover and your vehicle has two.The valve cover set is both valve cover gaskets sold together and are usually cheaper than both valve cover gaskets separately.So in your case since you have the v-6 model with two valve covers,the set would be the way to go.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So there is no valve metal cover that's needed after replacing the valve cover gasket?

No the valve covers are reused the only way the covers are replaced is if they are cracked or damaged in which impact to the covers would have had to happen for this to occur.