Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.

Kia Sorento EX: I have a 2006 Kia Sorento. While driving home

I have a 2006 Kia Sorento. While driving home my AC started blowing hot air. When I got home it seems that the compressor is kicking on. it also appears all belts are in place.
What ideas do you have?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question. The issue that you are describing is the system being low on freon. The compressor will still kick on unless the freon is empty. The first step is to check the freon level in the system and top off to the correct level,and this will likely cure the issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I do this myself
Yes you can go to autozone and buy freon with a gage that puts it in the system. The instructions on the back of the can of freon are easy to follow. The freon goes in the low side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Where do I find where to put it in
Start at the a/c compressor and follow the lines back. There will be two lines and the line with the fitting that has the blue or black cap is the low side this is where the freon goes. The other line will have a red cap usually. The freon that you are buying and the tool that puts it in will only fit on the low side it won't physically fit on the high side so there is no way to put it in the wrong line.