Paul M ASE Master
Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 20+ Years
28939717

how do I change the wheel bearings on a 2009 optima 4 bang

how do I change the wheel bearings on a 2009 optima 4 banger
Category: Kia
Expert:  Paul M ASE Master replied 1 year ago.

Hello I'm Paul and I will help you with an Answer to your Question

the hub needs to be removed

and then you need a press to get the bearing off and press the new one in

click here for more details

Remember to rate my answer positive so I get credit for my help.

If you need more help just log in to the site and reply the question will remain for follow up.

Paul
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i need to know how to get the hub. a I have take the two bolts out from under the hub but thats it I am lost please provide more information and a picture.

Thanks

I am attaching information for hub removal

click here for the hub removal info

Paul

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when I take off the tie rod do i take the nut completely off. And when I get it all disconnected does it come off as a unit. Thank you for your help I was in a panic you are being very help full

yes take the tie rod nut completelty off.

Then use a large hammer to hit the area of the HUB where the tie rod stuf goes through and it will drop out (this is a way of doing it without using the tool shown in the graphic)

the hub will come off as an assembly shown in the first link I attached.

Just go through each step and you will get there

let me know how you make out and if you need more help

Paul

Paul M ASE Master, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech 20+ Years