fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician

Kia Optima EX: I just got a 2006 Kia Optima EX V6, and the

I just got a 2006 Kia Optima EX V6, and the check engine light came on today- it seems to be running just fine, but stopped at my brother in law's and asked him to check it with his code reader... problem is, the diagnostic port didn't fit his reader... what code reader do I need for this car?

fix it man :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. You will need an OBDII reader. This will fit fine. If you get the codes I can tell you what is going on. Most of the time if the vehicle is running fine then it may just be a loose gas cap. I would make sure it is tight and then see if the light turns off in a few days. If you get the codes and want more information on them then let me know.

Hmm... he had an OBD2- hence our confusino