Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 08 kia rondo 2.7 engine getting codes P2187 fuel system

I have a 08 kia rondo 2.7 engine getting codes P2187 fuel system too learn at idle and p2189 system too lean idle (B2)

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. considering what you have replaced it sounds like you may have a bad mass airflow sensor if you are sure there are no vacuum leaks. You can run some injector cleaner through engine first, seafoam is a good cleaner and make sure to add it when tank is at 1/4 a tank. If you have a scantool to moniter fuel trim and it is high at idle then check for vacuum leaks such as stuck open purge valve or brake booster leak. If the fuel trims are normal at idle and climb while driving at steady cruise, check the Mass Air flow sensor signal voltage to be about 1.4 volts at idle, 1.8 volts at 2000 RPM, and about 2.2 volts at 3000 RPM. Verify that the calculated load will go to 85% on hard acceleration, if out of specifications then replace the mass airflow sensor. You can also spray starting fluid around gaskes and hoses to see if idle changes or oxygen sensor value changes, if so look in that area for a vacuum leak. Here are also testing instructions from the manual. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/xbrBX3rD

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Dan I scanned everything was testing fine but I went ahead and but a mass air flow sensor on it anyway clear it and the service light just came back on, getting the same too codes P2187and P2189 couldn't find any vacum leaks need help

Did you spray starting fluid around to look for leaks? Did you also run some injector cleaner? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I used brake cleaner and put seafoam in the tank. should i use starter fluid

Starter fluid works a little better so try that. Considering what you have replaced there really cannot be anything else other then a vacuum leak somewhere or clogged injectors.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok Thank you