K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Kia sedona: My 2005 Kia sedona has code PO715. I have replaced

My 2005 Kia sedona has code PO715. I have replaced both the input and output sensors. Why is the transmission still sticking sometimes not all the time in third gear. I turn off the car and sometimes it works fine then other times it sticks again in third gear. i took it to the dealer and he states there is no signal to the transmission. Any ideas?
It's very possible there is a wiring problem or the ECM is bad. I will post a troubleshooting chart below for you. You will need a volt meter to check the wiring. In the part where it says to check the sensor output with an oscilloscope you can skip, since you have installed new sensors. Please let me know if I can help further.
The dealer should of check this via this flow chart.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Mr. Wiggins. If the ECM is bad how does the car run fine sometimes and sometimes not? I cannot get my head around that. Thanks for your answer to this.

Just like your home PC software glitches can occur in your vehicle's ECM. Also with age and vibration from being driven it's possible for solder connection on the internal circuit boards to come loose. This is actually a more common problem than one would expect on the first and second generation KIA's