Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

Kia Optima EX: 2007 Kia Optima 2.4 Heater is not blowing

2007 Kia Optima 2.4

Heater is not blowing hot air only cool air. What could be the problem - thanks in advance
Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you with your question

have you ran engine till warmed up, grabbed hold of the heater hoses right where they go into firewall under hood?

if so,, I need to know if both are very warm to hot
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes - they seemed hot . So it seemed hot water was going into the heater core. But it blows warm humid air when on floor setting, and cool air when on defrost only setting

ok, if both are hot, usually good indiatcion of hot water in and... out of the core

let me send some info as to what I feel it may be. Back shortly
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Thanks. Of course I will verify that both are hot next time - if not both hot- is that heater core?

I am thinking you have a bad blend door acuator. A small plastic motor that controls the heat/cool

Now,, it is in one of 2 locations. Either on drivers side of the HVAC case or the passenger side of the case

Passenger side you work kind of behind the glove box, driver side you work in from driver side up under dash on left side of the HVAC case

I cant be 100% but this would be the most common failure item if heater hoses are hot, and little to no heat

click HERE for drivers side verison

picture below of the temp actuator if on passenger side

graphic

hope this helps. please remember to rate my service so I can be credited for my time.

When you are satisfied with the information I’ve provided, I would appreciate your positive rating. I truly value your feedback.

yes,, if both are not near exact same temp? then suspect heater core