Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience:  30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

Kia Sedona LX: The defrost will not heat the front window.

The defrost will not heat the front window. Cool air will come out of the defrost ports. The front heater ports will not blow heated air, only cool air.The heater works only in the rear of the car. There are no leaks in the heating or cooling system. How do I determine if the problem is in the vent control or with the selector knob? Please supply diagrams of repair to problem
Category: Kia
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the car is fully warm, can you feel the heater hoses under the hood, where they go through the firewall, and tell me if they are hot, or is one hot and one just warm?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Both are hot
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
if the hoses are both hot, then you most likely have a bad temp blend door accuator under the dash, this is what changes it from hot to cold, it is common for them to go bad, you can check this by disconnecing the accuator, and puttimg 12 volts to the @1 pin, and grounding the #3 pin, if the accuator does not go to cold, then replace the accuator,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I get to the accuator from underneath the dash with out removing the dash? Can I manualy move the blend door if necessary?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
yes, it is under the passenger side dash, you just have to remove the cover, you could remove the accuator by removing the 3 screws, then you will be able to turn the door manually,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what color are the #1 and #3 pins
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
I dont have the color code, just use the connector diagram above, it shows which pins are 1 and 3,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will I need to remove the glove box? the only wired conections I can find under the passenger side have a 4 pin configuration and it goes to something that looks like a thermostat. there is also the fan. where is the accuator in relation to the fan?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
it is mounted on the heater box, if you remove the glovebox, it will be easier to access, it will have a 6 pin connector on it,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will it damage the door or accuator to manualy open or close the temp blend door?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
No, but you will need to remove the acuator befoire you will be able to open the door,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER
Experience: 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL