AMD
AMD, Master technician
Experience:  L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist
65953032

How do you change Kia Sorentos spark plugs.

How do you change Kia Sorento's spark plugs.
Category: Kia
Expert:  AMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.

It's really simple to change the spark plugs on your vehicle.

Start by removing the black cover which should be held in by a few bolts.

Then I've found you a few pictures that will basically show you what you have to remove. Since this is a generic type job the service manual does not show step by step instructions.

I would consider this job doable for a home garage DIY but it will take you alot of time. Take your time and make sure you mark everything so you wouldn't loose things and wouldn't know where something goes, take pictures along the way to know how everything looks

The driver's side spark plugs picture:

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

And for the passenger side spark plugs:

graphic

graphicgraphic

graphic

The pictures are in order, Start by removing the black cover . Then on the driver's side remove the bracket along with the electrical connector then remove the interfering components then remove the black cover on top of the spark plug valley then remove the coils and the spark plugs are right there. make sure you don't don't mix the spark plug coils.

On the passenger side you will need to remove the air filter tube then remove the throttle body, you don't need to disconnect anything from it, just remove the bolts and lay it on the side, make sure you put the gasket back when you put it back. Then you have a bracket to remove and the black cover and the spark plug valley is exposed. You will need to pull the spark plug boots here no coils on this side, don't pull on the wires, pull on the boot itself. Make sure you don't mix the locations of the wires.

Put everthing back together without forgeting any electrical connections and you're all good to go.

AMD, Master technician
Experience: L1 Advanced Level Diagnostics Specialist