Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Kia Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Kia Diagnostics/Repair

Kia: engine light..p0441 (evap Emission System Incorrect - Purge Flow)

I have Kia Rondo 2008 2.7L. Chk engine light is on - it is P0441 (Evap Emission System Incorrect - Purge Flow). it happens when i put gas. It is hard to start when i put gas but once i get it going it is ok and i starts normal. any ideas? Thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

The P0441 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a fault in the EVAP Purge Control Solenoid Valve. When faulty, or there is a leak in the system, it will generate the symptoms you are describing. Carefully inspect the vacuum lines to/from the solenoid for any cracks, holes, kinks, or loose/missing connections. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty PCSV.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is the picture for 2008 Kia rondo LX 2.7L
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Here's another view:

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am actually writing from Africa and there are no Autozones or anything else, the quest is it easy to change the Solenoid?
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

Yes. Piece of cake. Remove the 2 hose clamps (one on each side), unplug the electrical connector, and remove the solenoid. Make sure to carefully check the lines as stated above.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Ron for your help
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

You're welcome! Have a great day!