Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Kia owner since 1999, Kia repair since 1995. Have up to date Kia info
12331040

kIA oPTIMA ex: 32,000 MILES..GOT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT..OXYGEN sensor

I have A 2006.5 kIA oPTIMA ex WITH A LITTLE LESS THAN 32,000 MILES ON IT, MY CAR PASSED ma INSPECTION LESS THAN A MONTH AGO AND NOW i GOT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT IS IS THE OXYGEN SENSOR CODE....
Category: Kia
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.

Scott :

Hello, I am Scott and I will assist you with your vehicle concern.

Scott :

Depending on what code it is, it is possible. O2 Hearers short all of the time. It is not as much of a mileage thing as an age thing. You also could have a CAT code... that many that have code readers... not scanners, mistake as an O2 Code.

Scott :

If you have the code numer, I can narrow this down for you.

Customer:

I did not ask.. my question to the person who scanned this ( I saw him scanning it) was whether it was a "false" check engine, which has happened to me before because the person who pumped my gas did not tighten the cap sufficiently. My problem with some of my local KIA dealers is that it's a struggle to get any sort of warranty work done because they say they have to wait too long to get reimbursed by KIA for the repair.. The same is true for recalls. I do not want to have to make multiple trips involving coming in a for an oil change and having to come back for recall stuff. The KIA dealer where I purchased my car stopped being a KIA dealer when my car was almost six months old. The KIA dealers that I have used (except one) have said that they take care of "their" customers first.

Customer:

I had to pay for front stabilizers which probably should have been warranty then because my car had less than 25K miles, the KIA dealer said it was something else. I paid an independant mechanic to diagnose and fix the car using genuine KIA parts. It is frustrating for me because I love my Optima, but getting it serviced is ALWAYS problematic.

Customer:

I am sure if I try to find out when a local dealer can fit me in, I will probably not have use of my car for a week. The dealer does not offer loaners.