Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Kia owner since 1999, Kia repair since 1995. Have up to date Kia info

2002 Kia Sedona: interior..running lights..power locks..power windows

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Kia Sedona, it has several electrical issues. The dash, interior, and running lights don't work. The power locks and power windows also do not work. I was thinking it is the etwis module but am unsure. I was wondering if there is a way to test the module or if I'm going in the total wrong direction. Thanks for any help.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.

Scott :

Hello, I am Scott and I will assist you with your vehicle concern.

Scott :

I would first check to verify that you have voltage on both sides of the BTN #1 Fuse 40 AMP. Fuse block located under the hood.

Full Size Image

Hello Scott, my name isXXXXX off thank you for your assistance. I do have battery voltage across the fuse. Also all other fuses are ok, so would you agree it seems like a concern with the ETWIS module, or does this lead you in another direction?

Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
Hello Harry,

This was the Main feed for all the items involved. I had you check here first. So many times I see a module replaced due to a bad "Main Fuse"

O.K. These are all in bed with the ETWIS.

At the ETWIS, Key on, engine off and lamps on. Check for a
Ground at Pin #A4 Black wire,
Ground at #A3 White/Red Wire and
Voltage at Pin #A6 White/Green Wire

If ANY of these are absent, replace the module.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Scott, I just wanted to touch base with you. I tested the remainder of the circuit and it all tested good, so I replaced the ETWIS module and all concerns have been resolved. Thanks again for the assistance.
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
GREAT! I just wanted you do verify. So many people install stuff, that is not needed. Good Job!