Neal, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

Kia Spectra EX: Changed my fuel filter in my 2008 kia spectra.

Changed my fuel filter in my 2008 kia spectra. Now my car won't start. The pump is pumping fuel, but it start.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Did you do anything else to it? Could you have left something disconnected ot not plugged back in all the way?

This question will remain open and I will continue to work with you even after you accept. The question will remain active for 7 days after our last communication.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it's all plug in and the fuel pump is pumping fuel. It's just not getting to the engine to make it fire.Is there anything i need to reset?

Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.
So if you use a little starting fluid it will try to run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dont know,I just think something just shut off and needs to be reset,A code or some thing?

Expert:  Neal replied 4 years ago.

There is nothing that can shut off or would need to be reset.

You need to check the fuel pressure, something must have happened to the pump or regulator while handling the assembly.