Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Kia Sedona LX: 2003 kia sorento catalytic converter front

2003 kia sorento catalytic converter front problem
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

want to make sure I understand you correctly - have you already installed an aftermarket catalytic converter to not have it work properly?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Eric replied 4 years ago.

Ok, first on looking for a refurbished OEM converter. You wont find one as they are not refurbished. When they go bad, one of two things happen to them. If still under the Federal Emissions Warranty, they are picked up from the shop by EPA employees for inspection and disposal. If not under the warranty, they are sold to scrapyards that take them apart and make several hundred dollars off the guts of the converters as the inside is made up of precious metals such as platinum and beryllium.

Unfortunately your choices are either to pay for a new OEM converter or try another aftermarket unit. I would suggest one by Walker. If you have already tried a Walker and still getting a fault code for the converter, then you will have to go with a new factory one.

sorry, wish I could give you better news, but there isnt any on what you are seeking.