Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Kia Spectra LX: blower motor 07..part...part number

Customer Question

I need to replace the blower motor resistor on my 07 Kia Spectra LX. Everywhere I looked online had pictures of ones with 4 prongs, not 3 like on my current part.

I ordered the part from a major online retailer that did not have the picture of the resistor on the page. The part number (RU473) was the same PN I saw on all sites.

Today I got the resistor...4 prongs. My connector has three female receivers. Do I ignore that 4th prong or do I need to do something with it. I have not begun the install yet or tested anything with my meter yet.

Any advice? Should I return the part?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Part number you need is 971282D200..You can try the resistor you have now as long as it fits but there shouldnt be a extra pin..Otherwise here is a link to buy correct part online. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.,carcode,1433206,parttype,6557

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Although this part does more closely match my factory part, the pictures still show it with 4 prongs. My factory (original) wire harness and connector only have three wires. (black, red, green)

(The part I purchased was from Rock Auto. The part that comes up when searching for an 07 Kia Spectra blower motor resistor.)

Either way though, everywhere I look online has 4 blades. I tried local junk yards, and none have a car within my year range.

Thank you,
Louis Berding
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
They could have started making the resistors to interchange withi other vehicle so I would go ahead and try the resistor as a exdtra prong sticking out wouldnt be dangerous or anything to worry about. Let me know how it goes or if you run into questions, thanks.