Dave Nova
Dave Nova, ASE Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. 25 yrs experience
11042942

where is the ignition sensor & ECM locatedin a 2004 kia sedona

where is the ignition sensor & ECM locatedin a 2004 kia sedona LX?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Kia problem.

Is the odometer working when the speedometer is not?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
When the speedometer does not work on the Sedona, it is normally due to a failed Transmission Output sensor.

The output vehicle speed sensor is located at top of transmission and is partially hidden from view by wiring harness. Below shows location ( circled in yellow):

graphic

Replacing this sensor will normally fix the inoperative speedometer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where the ignition sensor & the ECM is located
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
The ignition system main sensor is the crankshaft position sensor.

Will send picture in just a minute.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
graphic
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
ECM is shown below (powertrain module) Under passenger side of dash.

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i just found out that it does not get or have rpm? does that have to do with speedometer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are no rpm on speedometer. what could be the problem.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
The P0320 code is for the ignition failure sensor (IFS) Shown in the picture below. Normally this is the problem when you have this code and rpm signal problems. (and Tachometer failure)

graphic
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
.

Please let me know if you need additional assistance. If you are satisfied, please click Accept.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

rpm is not working?

Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
The rpm is not working due to the IFS(ignition failure sensor). This is the one shown in the last picture above. Replacing this sensor should fix the rpm signal and the tachometer and get rid of the P0320 code.
Dave Nova, ASE Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. 25 yrs experience
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 2 years ago.
.

Please click on the Accept button so I can receive credit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please let me know.

.
Dave Nova, ASE Technician