Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
3827149

Fitting new clutch to kia sportage which way round does plate go

Customer Question

fitting new clutch to kia sportage which way round does plate go
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor69 replied 3 years ago.
The disc material goes against the flywheel .
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi one side says tm on it disc material on both sides

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
TM means Towards motor side. So the TM faces toward motor side flywheel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello ..

My name is MIKE.. Im sorry you are having troubles here..

The disc has material both sides - so that isn't really helpful to you..

Look closely at the centre plate - it should say on one side of it - "flywheel side" or similar... sometimes its written in a foreign language ...but thats what it means as nothing else is written on it..

Other than that - the other way to tell is - look at the centre "boss"... the piece where the the gearbox spline goes through (splined in the centre hole ).. the outer edges of that protrude both sides.. One side will protrude more than the other... that side , with the longest protrusion, goes on the gearbox side.

Im very pleased to have helped you once again..

Please click the Accept button for me - Thank You ...and if you do need / wish to get back to me after - you can do so just by coming back to this post and use the Reply button - your reply will then come straight back to me .. and Im always happy to help further.... Please note, you still need to click the Accept , even if you are a subscriber to justanswer .. Thank you again...

Best Rgds, MIKE.