Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
3827149

My seatonlywork 1day after havingtheseatmotorand modulecomponents

Why did my seat only work 1 day after having the seat motor and modulecomponents replaced? the p/s memory and cushionassy was replaced too.

Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor69 replied 5 years ago.
The damaged the wore harness and a bare wire is grounding out to the seat frame and causing the fuse to blow. This needs to go back to the shop for repair asap at no charge to you. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
just would like a second opinion from another expert
That's the correct answer . If a fuse is blowing theres a dead short to ground in the harness and when moving the seat that's when the fuse blows it's grounds out. No need for another opinion that's the correct answer . Another expert will agree with exactly what I said and then he gets paid for my correct diagnosis . Is that fair ? For me to get credit you need to click the green accept button. Been in the field over 20 years and have way over 17,000 very satisfied customers here.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the kia dealership said they put in that new harness part wth the wires and there should not be a bare wire. Are they just being defensive? Anyway I told them to keep the car and figure it out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
dealership said that harness was new and that there was not a bare wire touching
Yes they are just being defensive . It has to do with the install. They will say it was something else regardless they will not admit the tech screwed up. But it's a definite short.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They said they put in a new fuse and it is working now. This is the 5th time they have put ina fuse and everytime it goes out in a day or two. What do they need to do to correct the short? I will call them and tell them since they seem to be stumped?
Tell them to keep moving the seat back and fourth until the fuse blows . It has to be the harness or switch motor overheating. This needs to be done first or it will continue to happen. These are the next steps. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.