George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

Kia Sorento SX: how does the driver side view mirror disassemble

Customer Question

how does the driver side view mirror disassemble on a 2011 Sorento with built in blinker?
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Do you want to know how to remove the mirror from the door or how to take the mirror apart once it is off the door?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi George, Maybe both. I bumped the mirror on a garage door. No paint or parts damage, but part of the black plastic frame sprung away from the main body of the mirror. I can see how they fit together, but I don't want to just try to pry them together. If I could just loosen the black frame from the main mirror housing body it looks as though I could re mate them and re tighten. Am I on the right track???
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Ok, all we do is replace the mirror assembly so the procedure is below to replace, I don't have anything to disassemble the mirror

Click here for procedure

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry...I was really expecting some "repair" info, not just "replacement" info.
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

As I say all we do is replace not repair. Once the mirror is assembled it breaks if you try to take it apart so it is a loosing proposition to try to open it and do repairs.

The mirror is about $160 on the aftermarket

Let me know what I can do to help

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry George,
Your answer really didn't address my question of how to disassemble the sideview mirror. I actually found the answer (for free) on the internet at
"www.ehow.com/how_7514806_disassemble-sideview-mirror-html"

I already knew how to remove the sideview mirror assembly from the car so your answer really wasn't satisfactory
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Let me know how those instructions work out for you

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please see my last and final reply. I got the info I asked for at no charge at a different web site.
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

I understand and asked that you let me know how that worked out for you, seems pretty generic. "Take it apart and most are the same"

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the instructions worked very well. once the mirror was snapped off, the screws holding the front and back of the mirror housing were exposed. Just loosening them allowed me enough "play" to properly mate the front and rear portion of the housing together. Now, after retightening the whold assembly looks "as new".
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Glad you were able to get it handled and thanks for letting me know