Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

Kia Sedona EX Im trying to replace the rear wiper motor in

I'm trying to replace the rear wiper motor in our '03 sedona. The difficulty arises in removal of the wiper blade assembly from the shaft. I can't tell if the assembly fits over a spline, etc. It won't budge and it is not obvious if the wiper assembly actually detaches from the shaft. Please advise.

Thanks, Ritt
Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you with your question

what steps have you done? cap/nut etc?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I'm sorry, the cap and nut have both been removed fron the wiper shaft
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is is basically on a slightly tapered stud/shaft. You have to lift up the wiper arm to take angle pressure off, then as you have done wiggle, tap on sides etc. Sometimes if you get a rag and then use 2 large screwdrivers under each side and pry evenly upwards, wiggling at same time it will pop off. nothing else is holding it. they can just be tight sometimes. in fact, parts stores sell a special pair of pliers that pop them off but.. I have never needed them. the 2 large screwdrivers opposite each other prying back/forth 98% of the time will get it off the stud. Just have to be sure the wiper arm is not agianst the glass it it puts a bind on it and makes it more difficult.

graphic