snapontech
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.
49697172

2002 Kia Sedona: the back hatch door..van..power lock..back door

How can I open the back hatch door of 2002 Kia Sedona van - the power lock works on all other doors but makes buzzing type noise on the back door. Manual approach with key is unsuccessful as well - handle just sticks in the up position when you pull up on it and hear nothing when you turn the key to indicated the lock is being moved via the key
Category: Kia
Expert:  snapontech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

This is the door lock actuator locked up not allowing the lock to move. You will need to get a new door lock actuator then have it replaced all will work like it should once this is done.

______________________________________________________________________________
I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posted in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the news is not what we want it to be and can be expensive and disapponting, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-automotivedoctor/ beginning your question with “Snapontech"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how hard is this to change out - time involved. Is this something an average person can do or is there alot involved with getting access to this piece and special tools needed?
It can be a pain to get at you will need trim removal tool and not breaking the pieces is the hard part thats why I would give the small amount of labor to a shop and make them take the risk as they will be accountable for it. But in order to access it you need to remove the trim panel than disconnect the electrical connector un connect the rod from the actuator and replace.

Danny
snapontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 2 Year Automotive Degree 2 years hands on technical training and 7 Years hands on learned from the best.