Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

2006 Sedona: low beam headlights..These were bulbs only about 6 months

i have a 2006 Sedona.and both low beam headlights went out simultaneously. These were bulbs only about 6 months old. I am trying to locate the correct fuse to check first. Can you tell me where to look and what size fuse?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you with your question

Actually the heasdlight system is a bit more complex than just fuse, switches and bulbs,. In your vehicle the headlights are controlled by the FAM ( front area module) or basically the fuse box under the hood which internall is a computer/logic module. There is also the BCM ( body control module) that tells the FAM when to turn headlights on.

the module combine are fuse protected but you would have lost other circuits.items as well if any fuse problem

testing is difficult as a scanner is needed to view live data from the BCM and FAM.

I am lening more towrds bulb failure however I do understand your concern about when they failed etc.

I would buy one or both bulbs, change one and if it works, I am correct. just be very careful not to touch the glass portion and also be sure to buy a name brand bulb,. Boils down to the more you spend, the better the bulb. Any slight touch of the glass will allow bulb to burn out much earlier.