George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
13574682

2007 Kia Spectra: blower motor..motor will not blow..fuse panel..hood

Customer Question

My 2007 Kia Spectra blower motor will not blow. I replaced the fblower motor and it did not work. I checked the fuses on fuse panel as well as under the hood. What to check now?
Category: Kia
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Can you use a 12 volt testlight or voltmeter to check for power to the motor with the blower selected on high and the key on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can probably find a tester. Where would I put the sensors?
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

The best place to check is at the red/black stripe wire at the connector with it plugged into the motor. Use a straight pin to probe into the connector and place the other lead of the tester to a clean metal piece to ground it.

The likely problem is the field effect transistor mounted next to the motor if all the other controls for the heater/AC/blower appear to work properly and you find that you do have power through the motor.

Let me know if you do not have power to the motor and I will help you from there

Thanks

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Hyundai Certified and 15+ years as an ASE Maser Tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We tested the motor like you said and the red light did light up.
Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

OK then you need to replace the transistor as long as the rest of the controls seem to operate normally. Check for any burned or melted connections and remove the screws so you can slide it out of the blower case

Click here for location

Let me know how I can help you

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It appears that the wiring plug for the transistor is burned and melted. Maybe that is all that it is.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  George H. replied 3 years ago.

Glad to help and please let me know if you have further questions

Thanks for using JA!!