Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist

2010 Kia Soul: the location of the IAT/MAF sensor..chip

Customer Question

I will like to find out the location of the IAT/MAF sensor on my 2010 Kia Soul. I am in the process of installing a chip and I need to locate said sensor to make the connection.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you with your question

Tracer :

I need to know what engine you have. Thanks

Customer:

I have a 2.0L 4cylinder engine.

Tracer :

checking some info now. back as quick as I can

Customer:

Thanks Tracer.

Tracer :

Ok, this engine does NOT use a MAF but rather a MAP sensor. Its a 4 wire sensor mounted on plenum as shown in picture. The MAP sensor also contains the IAT as part of it. Once you locate the sensor, look at the wire colors going to it and get back with me and i will tell you which one is which

Full Size Image

Tracer :

tell me the wire colors going to the MAP sensor. Thanks

Customer:

That sensor on my car seems to have a hose going to it, I do not see wires going to it.

Tracer :

yes, it should have vacuum hose as well as electrical plug. It senses engine vacuum. vary much the same way as a MAF. It will have 4 wires

Customer:

Sorry I took so long to reply! The colors of those wires are green, orange, tan, & pink.

Customer:

Which ones of those wire do I want to connect the chip to ?

Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tracer! I accepted Your answer, but I am still waiting for Your reply as to which color wire do I use to install the chip to. Thanks
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.
I never received a response till now. JA glitch i guess. Checking now
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.
Green = ground

Pink = MAP signal

Orange = IAT signal

Tan = reference volts from computer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks I will check with the instructions from the chip to correctly install it.
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.
Youir welcome. thanks to you. LMk thanks