Mike V.
Mike V., Technician
Experience:  I have 25 years experience working on cars. I am also a factory trained Subaru and Nissan Tech.
2921078

sportage: No power to fuel pump..4x4

Customer Question

No power to fuel pump on my KIA 1997 4x4 sportage, what could be the problem. please help ty
Category: Kia
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Hi Sir or Madam Thank you for choosing JA, I will do my very best to assist you with your concern.
Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some testing?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear Carguy1, First I hope I wasn't charged $36 today because I don't have that amount in my account untill 7/13/2011. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I will join on that date, meanwhile how can I stop this/or did I not Get charged yet? Yes I have both with no results. How to do I trouble shoot no current to pump? Thank You, the ? is for my mechanic Russ. Please reply

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
Well, first of all the charge only happens when you accept the answers I reply with. The $36 is held in an account with JA right now as a deposit.
Now,getting on to the question. The fuel pump relay provides power to the fuel pump and through the fuel pump fuse.
If you have no power at the fuse, then the relay is not kicking on. So, the first thing to check is the fuse labeled fuel injection fuse in the box under the hood. IF it is blown then the relay will not come on. The next thing to check is the main ecu relay, this provides power to the fuel pump relay in order for it to activate. IF this relay proves to be ok, then the next thing to check is the wiring from the pcm. This provides the ground signal to the relay which will make it function and power up the fuel pump fuse. The most common issue is the main relay going bad on these.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear Sir checked everything, but can't accept with your answer untill 7/13/11 when I have the funds. Truly sorry Debby
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 years ago.
That is ok, let me know when you can and also let me know if you need further assistance