Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

i drain the manual transmission oil fluid on kia rio 2002 but not able to find the p

Customer Question

i drain the manual transmission oil fluid on kia
rio 2002 but not able to find the plug to fill the transmission fluid. pls. help
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you with your question

Customer:

do you know

Tracer :

getting you info. Pls allow me a couple minutes to type up. Thanks

Customer:

were transmission fluid fill on kia rio 2002

Customer:

oley

Tracer :

Ok, you have to remove the speed sensor or whats called the speedo gear. It is item #1 in the first picture. Once you remove it, you add the amount shown below. Put speed gear back in. the speed gear is held by clamp and one bolt

Full Size Image

Tracer :

1. Add specified amount and type of oil into the speedo driven gear. Specified oil:

Grade: API Service GL-4
Viscosity: SAE 75W-9O
Capacity: 2.96 US qt. (2.8 1, 2.46 Imp qt.)

1. Warm up vehicle until transaxle oil reaches its normal temperature, then check for leakage of transaxle oil.

2. Lower vehicle.

Customer:

sori, dont yet understood the picture to were put the oil transmission fluid.

Tracer :

the first picture hows item #1. it is the speedo gear. You have to pull it out top of trans. 2nd picture shows rough area of the speedo gear

Tracer :

bewteen the engine and firewall,. to right of the pwer brake booster and down on top of trans is a sensor with a couple wires to it. remove it. This is the only way to fill the trans

Tracer :

it will look something like this

Full Size Image

Customer:

i see now were under next to the starter were the sensor right?

Tracer :

yes close to it. The sensor should? have a green /orange wire as one of the wires going to it

Customer:

okey i got now. thans for the help.

Tracer :

maybe a black and a yellow wire as well

Tracer :

Your welcome. Sorry kia makes it so hard

Customer:

thank again. i will check the accept.

Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience: ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist