Cardoctor69
Cardoctor69, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master
3827149

Kia Spectra EX I own a 2005 KIA Spectra....the air-bag light

I own a 2005 KIA Spectra....the air-bag light on the dashboard stays on, I took it to a KIA dealer. They said I have a defective sensor in the passenger seat. They said it would be about $600.00. I dont know if that includes labor. If it is a defective part as the man told me, isnt that something that should be covered by KIA?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Cardoctor69 replied 5 years ago.
What was the actual part and was the vehicle ever in an accident ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am going to say it is in the seat? I know there are a lot of wires under the seat, and there are times the light goes off for a little while...No, accidents
Ok most common is the opds unit that's bad . This should still be covered how many miles on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They say the warranty is over. 61,000
Ok you need to see what they say have failed either a passenger opds unit or passenger seat weight sensor . Then get the part from a salvage yard to save a lot of money and have that installed for half the price . You can also contact corperate and see if they will cover the issue since there was no accident . These are the next steps. Hoped this helped . Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.